Yep! I tried a new pattern… a couple of weeks ago. Why didn’t I blab about it yet? because, I made it as a gift and I had to wait for Canada post to deliver it as I didn’t want to ruin the surprise!
And I think she was surprised! Even more she didn’t know a parcel was coming her way🙂 I’m not that good at keeping it secret when I send something away, it’s just because my friend wasn’t home and we couldn’t FaceTime together that week lol!
I use all reclaimed stuff of course! Denim, linen, neckties, men’s shirt and bed sheet and interfacing.
Now my comments on that pattern…
- I really like the look of it.
- It stores quite a lot (2 inside pockets)
- I love bags that stand up by themselves (flat bottom).
- It’s comfortable to tote on the shoulder.
- It is original.
- Closes with magnetic snap
- I don’t like the way the strap crosses on top, I think it gives the bag a bit of unprofessional look.
- It hangs very low on the back when you wear it as a backpack so it’s not comfortable this way.
- My friend told me it was bothering her having 2 straps to grab since they move on the side and she needs to replace them almost every time.
(sorry for the crappy pic!)
I’m not sure I will use denim again to make another one. Mind you, I love the way it looks with denim, casual but still dressy and it can be worn with almost anything, but it was a pain to gather such heavy fabric and I had a hard time for this part. I love the neckties as straps, it adds so much character to the bag! I might do one to add to the shop, but I think I’ll do custom request for this pattern….