Camille was really in need of new dresses (Have I ever said that I have 2 really girly girls?) And she’s hitting that age where it’s becoming very difficult to find older girl dresses that is lengthy to our taste (yep, hers too)… And everywhere I was looking there were only cotton dress patterns, the one made for hot summer days, not cool winter ones.
As I was
drooling going through that book (again!) and cooing over those lovely and colorful dresses the bulb went on! I could make one for winter using heavier weight fabric and she could wear it putting a long sleeve t-shirt underneath… I mean duh, that was so obvious🙂
So, I took some 2$ corduroy from the thrift store I new she would love and a contrasting cotton skirt and went to work…
Easy to make! I had a bit of trouble with the bias binding at the neck and armholes but it went fairly quickly! I was going to make some of them for summer and I think i’ll make bodice linings for these ones.
She LOVED it! in fact she was wearing it the next morning when I woke up and I had to make a point for her to get it off lol…
I really like the contrasting orange sash, it pops up a lot! I just need to find a long sleeve t-shirt now😉
And since I had about a yard left, I made a matching skirt for her little sister
Rachel was estatic!
I thought there were too much fabric as the skirt is bunching at the waist but she loved the fullness…
(she wanted to take pictures with her dolly!)
Mommy’s happy, both girls are too!
Still can’t belive she’s starting preK tomorrow afternoon…
Camille a besoin de nouvelles robes pour l’hiver (qui devrait arriver un jour!) et on commence à avoir de la difficulté à trouver cet item, particulièrement apprécié dans cette maison, à une longueur convenable… J’ai donc essayé un patron pour une robe d’été… avec du tissu d’hiver, en l’occurence du corduroy (2$ du centre bénévole) et une jupe de coton de chez Reitmans! Patron facile, fille aux anges! Vu qu’il me restait un peu de tissu, j’ai fait une jupe pour Rachel! Et elle était absolument ravie!