Yep! I tried a new pattern… a couple of weeks ago. Why didn’t I blab about it yet? because, I made it as a gift and I had to wait for Canada post to deliver it as I didn’t want to ruin the surprise!
And I think she was surprised! Even more she didn’t know a parcel was coming her way 🙂 I’m not that good at keeping it secret when I send something away, it’s just because my friend wasn’t home and we couldn’t FaceTime together that week lol!
So, my dear friend Kim bought me the Cabrio tote pattern by sew spoiled on etsy as a gift. I was thrilled! A new and cool pattern to try out! I made one and decided it needed to go her way 😉
I use all reclaimed stuff of course! Denim, linen, neckties, men’s shirt and bed sheet and interfacing.
Now my comments on that pattern…
- I really like the look of it.
- It stores quite a lot (2 inside pockets)
- I love bags that stand up by themselves (flat bottom).
- It’s comfortable to tote on the shoulder.
- It is original.
- Closes with magnetic snap
- I don’t like the way the strap crosses on top, I think it gives the bag a bit of unprofessional look.
- It hangs very low on the back when you wear it as a backpack so it’s not comfortable this way.
- My friend told me it was bothering her having 2 straps to grab since they move on the side and she needs to replace them almost every time.
(sorry for the crappy pic!)
I’m not sure I will use denim again to make another one. Mind you, I love the way it looks with denim, casual but still dressy and it can be worn with almost anything, but it was a pain to gather such heavy fabric and I had a hard time for this part. I love the neckties as straps, it adds so much character to the bag! I might do one to add to the shop, but I think I’ll do custom request for this pattern….